Wednesday 25 January 2012

the Wonderful Wedding Show

Oh other people's weddings, i adore you.

Nothing is better when some one else is getting married. There is no stress on your own part, and you get to see what that person would do for a $20,000 party. Yes it's about the love and the beautiful couple, but you get to see the essence of those beautiful people in event form.

I have been invited to very few weddings, as there hasn't been very many weddings in my family and I'd have to give my friends a good ten years before anything like that goes down. Other peoples' weddings offer a chance to dress up, free food (and hopefully free booze) but you never think about how that wedding came to be so majestical and who has to scrape the wax out of the votive from the candle you were playing with.

This past summer I became apart of the Events by Emma crew. It combines things I love to do: meet new people, craft, design, and have the most fun crew to work with. I have always been interested in interior design, but EBE takes those elements of good design into a whole other fantasy level. Even though the wedding turns out being glamourous, the work isn't so glamourous. But, I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm not the type of person who can just sit there, I like to be moving (which is why I'm constantly fidgeting in class).

Lifting, windexing, carrying, pushing dollies, packing, unpacking, packing, dishes, more dishes, dishes, crafting, laughing, organizing, more laughing. It’s still fun, just not what people picture. It's not like the J.Lo movie.


Since school has started I decided to not be a part of EBE until summer starts (CreComm and a weekend job is enough for me). But the girls at EBE invited me to come and check out what they put together for the Wonderful Wedding Show at the convention center. EBE had a booth on the third floor with all the other booths, but they also had an entire banquet room devoted to "Inspiration by Colour". There were probably twenty or more tables, each designed with a specific colour or theme for brides to get an idea of all the options there are, instead of thinking traditional. From mysterious navy, to a burlap themed table setting, I could not take photos of all my favorites. Here are just a few highlights of my favourite EBE work at the wonderful wedding show.



This is the main booth, all done in sophisticated white. It was probably the tallest booth there. That is our fibre glass gigantic alter thing. Flowers can be cascaded down the top, or it's a great way to incorporate lighting. 


Inspiration by Colour (pic stolen from fb, Sacha Bouchard)
one of my favs, wood inspired, my mom took this pic lol
close up of this beaut

burlap inspired, adorable with just baby's breath
green! clean, sophisticated with some spunky details
cascading orchids in a lace rimmed cylinder vase
antique table setting. DROOL
EBE is one of the top 5 planners in Canada, and I just feel so blessed to be 
able to see the beautiful creations that fit each couple so well.


3 comments:

  1. I love the wooden one! So rustic, and really unique. And the orchids in the lace vase are so beautiful! I can't wait to go to this show some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks women!
    yea sidney you should just check it out for the design aspect.
    makes me really wanna make a pretty dinner party :P

    ReplyDelete