Thursday 2 February 2012

Directions Conference

breakfast remains
Eating in social situations always poses issues for me. It can be so so awkward, whether it's at someone's house or at an event like yesterday. The Directions Business Conferences was yesterday and a few crecommers, including me, won a draw for a few tickets. So a handful of us Cre Comms mixed in with about 500 business students, had a day of interesting info sessions. There was even a session for Moksha Yoga CEO's, which I found particularly neato. But as for lunch, it was all one meal, unless I lied and say I was a vegetarian or celiac. Man, a buffet would have been awesome.

So  breakfast when I got to Canad Inns was baskets of muffins, croissants, and plates of fruit. This day was starting off excellent. I had a blueberry muffin (that I actually thought was chocolate) some pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, apple juice and my first coffee of three.

bad pic, but i was being inconspicuous


Lunch rolled around and I found my seat, and I thought it was weird that the dessert was already on the table placed around the center piece. Omg what a horrible centerpiece. Ridiculously fake plant things in a in a square glass container with dark blue glass pebble things. If they took out all those fake plants, filled it with water and a few floating tea lights, oh dayum it would look good.

So my plate was placed in front of me and I was really not excited. It was lasagna, and I despise lasagna. But I was a starvin' Marvin so I was planning on eating everything. I was really disappointed though how it was all placed. As I've been getting older I don't mind when certain foods touch, but like the lasagna was all up on the salad. So, I had leave a strip of salad that was infected. Then they had a delicious bread stick placed on top, but of course it got all soggy from the lasagna. I was just not impressed. But overall the food

cheese cake
was pretty good. I think I liked it so much because it was Canad Inns food, so it wasn't too fancy, just plain. Not too much tomato sauce, or spice. And I also had my third cup of coffee, which was probably not a good idea for my belly.

Well as I already said I had a good look at the dessert and it was my least favourite: cheesecake. I've tried cheese cake many many times, and it always looks so yummy and I really want to like it but I just don't. I've tried it at weddings, at my grad, store bought and even my grandma's homemade. But I gotta say I really liked this cheese cake. My fellow cre commers said it wasn't the best, but I think it was the best cheese cake I've had but probably because it didn't really taste like regular cheese cake. More cake-ish and sweet like whipped cream or something.



Overall, it was an alright meal, not my first choice but managed without starving. I'd give it ***

No comments:

Post a Comment