Thursday 5 January 2012

Christmas Feast

The best part about the Holidays is food, and holy dina did I eat. Apart from the Christmas dinners and treats, I went out to eat a lot. Like I mean ALOT. I usually try not to go out and eat that that often, but Christmas break offered more than enough reasons to park myself in a restaurant and blow my limited cash on food and drink. One reason why I don't like to go out to eat is I'm so frugal. 

One of the first new dishes I tried for my blog was Sushi. I was impartial to it. Not a fan but I would eat it if I had to eat it in a social situation; but over the break from school I went TWICE. I went to Sushi Ya the first week off of school with some fellow CreCommers and oh damn was it good. They just knew the right stuff to order and it was a quality restaurant. We had rainbow rolls, shrimp tempura rolls, chicken teriyaki (my fav) and veggy ones, among other things.

During that whole week after I had the most insufferable Sushi cravings. I can get kind of obsessive with a new dish that I fall in love with. When I first discovered how much I love PB&J I would have at least one sometimes two a day. So, the last week of holidays I went to Asoyama Sushi, closer to my house with my boyfriend for the first time. We have been together for years, and friends for even longer and he loves Sushi (actually he'll eat anything, he's the one person I know who could win Fear Factor) and we have never gone for sushi together.

I'm still not an expert at ordering, like a person who's never been to Starbucks trying to order a latte. So, some things were not the same as when I went to Sushi Ya. I wanted a Shrimp Tempura Roll but I failed to say roll and we just got giant breaded shrimp, with no plum sauce. :(   I'm starting to know what I like (not the tea) and  I just needed to give Sushi another chance.

Other than that I went to Perkins, Montana's, Boston Pizza, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Altos, and that doesn't include fast food. I am ashamed, but my justification was it was the very last weeks of 2011, the perfect time to gorge. Being the foodie I am, I'm not going to stop eating out, but it's about moderation (a word I had no comprehension of on break). But I did have some great lunch dates catching up with people I love.

2012 will hopefully mean more healthy eating for me (even though I literally just ate a plate of fries). It's wrong, but when I eat a healthy meal, i justify eating pure garbage later. I would like to this year have a complete day of healthy eating without a chocolate or a treat, sugary drink or junk food. I also need to work on my obsessive pizza addiction ;). 
 
my christmas cookies me and grandma made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment