Tuesday 10 January 2012

Dippy Eggs





Being a self confessed picky eater, there is not just the issue of WHAT I eat, but also HOW I eat it. Things such as pizza and burgers I can scarf down quick no problem, but meals like stir fries or a full plated diner (like chicken, fish or beef with veggies, carbs and other goodness) require me to eat very slow and mindfully. It's the science of the perfect bite. Ratios of deliciousness.

Over easy eggs, toast and bacon is seriously the best combination. It's a staple that I love in the morning, but I do have to be a bit picky about it.

I cannot eat sunny side up. The membrane around the yolk must be fully cooked. And scrambled eggs just don't make sense to me, my favourite part about over easy eggs is eating the yolk and white part separately.

So, once I have perfectly cooked and plated my brecky, I always follow the same routine. I open the yolk with my fork so yolk doesn't infect the other food (including the egg white) and rip off sections of my crust to dip in the yolk. Once all my crust and yolk has been demolished, I move on the creating the most perfect delicious bites.

Following my science of the perfect bite, I cut pieces of egg to perfectly fit a corner of toast. I top it off with a teared piece of bacon, and there you go. It's all about the ratio. Not too much toast, or egg, or bacon. If hash browns are added for supreme breakfast awesomeness, I eat them with ketchup. In NO way does that mean that the ketchup can touch anything else.

Level up breakfast? Ukranianize. With egg, with toast, with kobausa, with perogie. Oh, damn. My arteries also like this one. Most unhealthy breakfast, but so Ukrainian and oh so yummy.



I call this blog Dippy Eggs because that is what my best friend calls them lol. She did when were maybe about 11, and it's just funny. So when we go out for breakfast we always get the same thing: over easy, with marble rye, with bacon, cube potatoes and chocolate milk. But she has to order dippy eggs. And we eat it the same way <3


You know what, she might even be pickier than me...

No comments:

Post a Comment