Thursday 24 November 2011

Things I've Learnt To Love

My favourite foods have to include anything that is barbequed, anything greasy (fries, pizza) and ice cream.  Now, those are just my favourites, and it doesn’t mean that’s all I eat though (even if I wish I could). I do also love all my fruits and tons of veggies and over the years I tried things now that I just have to have in my diet, that I really didn’t think I’d like.
Peppers- I now love em on my pizza or in a stir fry]
Zucchini- weird… but delicious
Salad- probably tried it when I was 14/15, and only liked Caesar at first. Now I’m getting more and more creative with different dressings, almonds, cheese, more veggies… now I even love greek salad!
Tomatoes- Only in moderation like in a salad, but I’m still not too crazy about them in a pizza sauce, salsa, lasagna… I know everyone loves it but I just can’t, no matter how much I try it.
COFFEE!- I always liked the smell, but the taste would just make me gag! I started drinking coffee this past summer when I would all these crazy hours between my two jobs. The girls at my event planning job are definitely coffee addicts, and they slowly got me hooked on coffee. I started drinking it with half French vanilla or hot chocolate, and now there are times when I’ll have a couple cups a day (only when I reeeaaaaaally need it though)
Spice- I was so opposed to spice at all! Now I don’t mind a little bit, like Miss Vickie’s Sour Cream & Jalapeno Chips… yum. And my boyfriend is Portuguese, so now I love some cherise (a spicy sausage) with my meal. (Though I won’t go as far as trying Squid Stew, a Portuguese specialty, yuck.)
Hopefully I can keep finding new things I love to eat and cook. Food can be comforting and exciting, and I’m just at the beginning to finding out what else I can add to my diet. And hopefully my dad will stop calling me “Sam I Am”.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! Lovely meeting you today :)

    PS it would be TOO CUTE to have a vid of you trying something new for the first time + your reactions! I did that with Pom Wonderful once upon a time, but I'm sure your video would be 10,000,000x better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the input, never even thought of that.
    I'm trying Indian food this week.. Well see how that goes hahaha

    ReplyDelete