Tuesday 22 November 2011

Hummus

I'm so not excited to try hummus, not even a bit. I feel kind of bad for it, being called hummus and all. Kind of a gross name, so I probably am being a little prejudice to it. I guess I should give it a fair chance. It probably doesn't help that it's so pasty looking. Or that it's cold. I know you must think I'm nuts, but I don't like chip dip :0 I think it's the temperature. I like hot cheesy dip.

***


I don't even know how to describe it. My mom put a little bit on the end of a cracker, and wouldn't even let me say no before shoving it in my mouth. She said it would taste blah, but I beg to differ.



I know it's just chick peas and sesame seeds ground up, but it did not taste yummy at all. I've never had chick peas, but I think I gave it a fair chance. I tired it twice! Once on a cracker and once with a carrot. My mom said since it was so plain it might be better with a carrot, even though I don't think it was plain.






I wish I liked it because I know it's so good for you, but I just can't. It had a funny salt yet strange taste. And the texture was just awful. It was so pasty I had to chug down water to get rid of the thick residue it left behind.



I think it might be good if you tossed it with some hot veggies... Maybe.



Overall I'd give it * out of five. One for the nutritional value I got out of the two bites I had.


No comments:

Post a Comment