Monday 7 November 2011

Kay's Deli

Having a three hour spare on Friday, myself and two of my classmates, Jacky Leskiw and Jamie Mckay, checked out a neat little deli on William Ave. near Red River.


Jacky had heard about it from her parents, and as we headed down William, unsure what we'd find, we wondered if it was even there. We were the only customers in the luxiously decorated deli as we pushed tables together and chose our seats. Beautiful art hung on the walls were for sale, and chalkboards made up the menus. The art varied from sceneries (my fav.) to a jar of pickles (Jamie's fav.).


I really wanted some comfort food that day, so I got a triple decker grilled cheese with two different types of cheese. To drink, I got a citrus berry smoothie, and an expresso. Though I have to choke down expressos, I love the rush of caffiene. Jamie, the sweetheart she is, bought me a second expresso to fuel my caffiene craziness. By the time we got back to school I was bouncing off the walls.


My sandwhich: Gouda and cheddar with a hint of roasted garlic puree


The grilled cheese was perfect. It was crunchy, and the two different cheese tasted amazing together with the garlic (even though there isn't ever a time when garlic doesnt't taste good). I was surprised of how fancy they could actually make a grilled cheese. Our food was up in no time, and with no one else in the place I didn't feel silly snapping some pics.


The smoothie though wasn't the best. I'm a booster juice addict, and have had plently of other smoothies from other places, and this particular drink did not live up to my standards. I mean, it was good of course, but not the kind of smoothie that you think about later, and how bad you want it again.


For atmosphere, service and taste, I gove Kay's **** out of 5




my favourite pieces, a wee tad outta my price range ;P


my lunch


'order here' adorable

more art, including pickle jar piece haha

a look at where the magic happens

my friday fuel

vegan citrus berry, for both me and Jacky, blueberry banana for Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment