Wednesday 5 October 2011

Peanut Butter Jelly Time



I've alaways had a disgust for peanut butter, so for around 19 years of my life I never had a PB&J. I know, shocking right. My older brother is allergic to peanuts so my mom would avoid making us the popular treat, and maybe I just thought if he didn't want it (which is what my young mind thought) neither did I.

Not having it all made it seem kind of gross, and I became disgusted even at a Reese's Pieces. But one day while I was working with my friend Taylor, she discovered my PB&J vigirnity and forced me to consume one. Weeeeeell, she created a monster. I love it, and I crave it. When it was still a novelty, I probably ate one single everyday. I am not a sanwhich person at all (wait till I blog about trying subway for the first time...), so it was nice to expand my horizons of only grilled cheese or just jam.

Thank-you Taylor, for my PJ&J passion.

3 comments:

  1. I, too, have never had a PB&J. Mostly because I have an irrational loathing of jam. But you just may have inspired me with this post... I think I might try one when I get home from school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, deprived people PB&J is a staple! Glad you're trying it, but a word to the wise...

    ...don't try it with blueberry jam. Will never make that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laina you gotta give a shot! You won't be able to live without it! Wheen yourself into with a wee bit of jam at first, haha.

    Jacky: or mango, or apricot XO Yuck.
    Also Ive tried chocolate peanut butter with I think raspberry... not so good

    ReplyDelete