Thursday 27 October 2011

Newbie Blogger Thoughts



Blogging for me is a completely new concept. I have never tweeted, facebooked or blogged before starting school this fall, and it’s starting to grow on me.
While I don’t yet consider myself an entertaining blogger, (just yet) I find looking at other blogs is the best part about the whole thing. Everyone in my class inspires me every day to kick it up a notch to share fascinating things in an even more fascinating way.
                Hey Twitter
Twitter, though I rarely tweet, is so amazing. I can communicate to so many people, but I love all interesting news stories, links and photos. I’m still trying to figure out how to tweet a link, so I’ve resorted to typing out my blog link. There needs to be a Twitter tutor.


A big problem about Twitter for me is now it takes so much time away from my day. I’ve lived under a rock for so long that I can’t help but be glued to my Ipad for ridiculous amounts of time, checking out links and pictures. And I never know what to tweet. Sometimes I’ll hear or see something hilarious, and I’ll start a tweet about it but I can’t bring myself to Tweet it. I need to learn to hold back less and let my Tweets flow into the Twitterverse.


Feeble Blogger
I definitely feel like a feeble blogger at this point, technology wise. I’m still using the basic design options and am still unfamiliar with placing links and videos in my blog. (thanks Lauren Parsons for helping me post that link down there) Something I would like to try is building better designs from other websites. A few classmates have used picnic to create customized graphics for the top of their blog. That will hopefully be coming soon to this blog.
Hopefully I can refine my skills and become an excellent blogger. My topic is so narrow, that I feel this is the best place to start, and it also pushes me to do some things that I maybe wouldn’t do before (like trying Sushi). I’d like to branch out into a blog about more interesting things, but this is just the push I needed to get started.


2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I chocked on my coffee when I saw your first cartoon.

    Sometimes, that's just how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks i thought it was pretty true lol
    n who doesnt love a sock puppet

    ReplyDelete