Tuesday 13 September 2011

Caffeine Concoction

I have no shame in the fact that I love to load up on caffeine, and though I consider coffee and expressos to be two of my best morning (and continuing into the afternoon) friends, I enjoy energy drinks no matter how hard I try to kick them. I know, I know their full of sugar and horrible chemicals but it's hard argue that they're delicious; even though I become riddled with guilt after downing one back. I cannot help being drawn to these sweet, caffeinated drinks! The heart wants what it wants.
Red bull is most popular, but with Rock Star and Monster having so many flavours it becomes a little difficult nowadays to even pick out a darn drink. My favourite Rock Star has to be the non-carbonated Lemonade from the new low-calorie line of Recovery drinks.
I decided to mix it up and try a drink brand new to hit the shelves, the Perfect Berry Rock Star Energy Drink, or Pink Rock Star as referred on their website. It boasts to be only 10 calories a can, which makes me wonder how much delicious chemicals did they mix in there. Overall, it's an appealing purchase, being the only Rock Star including a straw! Oh, how easily I'm won over by gimmicks. It's very reminiscent of the Tab drink, with a slim pink can, obviously created for the ladies. I think this drink might be a lot better if it were not carbonated. I'm not that into carbonation to begin with, but this drink boasts to be lightly carbonated, so it doesn't give that full effect which is not that desirable. It reminds me of pop rocks that keep on fizzing in your mouth.


The flavour is pretty good, being that other drinks with fruity flavours kind of taste like cough syrup (I'm talking to you grape flavour) this one doesn't. Though I was a little disappointed with the after taste, I'd still give it a three out five stars. I had my Rock Star today, but dang it it wasn't no Anthony Kiedis!
visit: http://www.rockstarenergy.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment